Crews are scheduled to perform work on the MetroLink alignment during the evenings at three different locations October 7-14 and that will create delays for some passengers. The affected sections of the MetroLink system are:
- Between the College and Shiloh-Scott MetroLink Stations
- Between the Emerson Park and 5th & Missouri MetroLink Stations
- Between the Wellston and North Hanley MetroLink Stations
Trains will not operate in Illinois between the College and Shiloh-Scott Stations from 8 p.m. until the end of service October 7-11 and October 14 to accommodate ongoing track work. The St. Clair County Transit District will transport Red Line MetroLink customers by MetroBus from the College MetroLink Station to the Shiloh-Scott MetroLink Station. Westbound passengers should allow for 20-25 minute delays and eastbound passengers should expect 5 to 10 minute delays.
- Westbound Red Line passengers from Shiloh-Scott MetroLink Station will need to board a shuttle bus to travel to the College MetroLink Station. From there, they can board a train to continue west. They should allow an extra 20-25 minutes for their commutes.
- Eastbound Red Line passengers will exit the train at the College MetroLink Station and board a shuttle bus to continue their trip to the Shiloh-Scott MetroLink Station. They may experience 5-10 delays during the bus shuttle operation. Blue Line service will not be impacted.
MetroLink will operate on a single track between the Emerson Park MetroLink Station and the 5th & Missouri MetroLink Station from 9 p.m. until the end of service October 9 and on October 10 so crews can replace overhead power wires. Red Line and Blue Line passengers may experience 5 to 10 minute delays.
MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Wellston Station, Rock Road Station, UMSL South Station, UMSL North Station, and North Hanley Station from 11:30 p.m. until the end of service on October 11 and October 12 so crews can work on power equipment near the UMSL North MetroLink Station. Red Line customers may encounter delays of 5 to 10 minutes. Blue Line service will not be affected.