UPDATE: An additional forum date announced.
At yesterday’s executive briefing, Metro’s planning officials announced the dates and locations for the first round of public engagement meetings for the long-range planning process. We’re posting the schedule here, and you can expect an announcement of the long-range plan website prior to the first meeting on October 13. Please spread the word about these meetings and encourage your friends, neighbors, co-workers, elected officials, barristas, and family members to come to these forums – and bring their opinions.
You are welcome at any and all of these public meetings, of course, but they are being held at different locations throughout the region to ensure maximum public engagement.
- Tuesday, October 13 from 5-7 p.m. at the World Trade Center in Clayton, 121 S. Meramec Avenue Room 1012, Clayton, MO. (Arrive via Clayton Transit Center.)
- Wednesday, October 14 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Chesterfield City Hall Council Chambers, 690 Chesterfield Parkway West, Chesterfield, MO. (Arrive via #258 Clayton Chesterfield bus.)
- Thursday, October 15 from 6-8 p.m. at the Herbert Hoover Boys & Girls Club Sportsman’s Park Unit, 2910 North Grand Avenue, St. Louis, MO. (Arrive via #70 Grand bus.)
- Saturday, October 17 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Southwestern Illinois College, Main Complex Room 1410, 2500 Carlyle Avenue, Belleville, IL. ** Campus map .pdf here. ** (Arrive via College MetroLink Station.)
- Monday, October 19 from 5-7 p.m. at St. Louis Community College, Florissant Valley, Student Center Multi-Purpose Room, 3400 Pershall Avenue, Ferguson, MO. ** Campus map here. ** (Arrive via #36 Spanish Lake.)
- Thursday, October 22 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Washington University Medical Center, Eric P. Newman Center, 320 South Euclid Avenue, St. Louis, MO. (Arrive via Central West End MetroLink Station.)
- Monday, October 26 from 5-7 pm. at St. Louis Public Library, Carpenter Branch, 3309 South Grand Blvd., St. Louis, MO. (Arrive via #70 Grand.)
- Tuesday, October 27 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Mehlville High School Library, 3200 Lemay Ferry Road, Mehlville, MO. (Arrive via #73 Carondelet.)
All of the links above (except the links to the two college campus maps) go to Google Maps; the first link shows just the location and the second link shows how to get there via transit. Just change the starting address (currently Metro HQ!) to where you’re starting from. I even put in the date and the time you’ll want to arrive by in order to get you onto the right bus and train so you can get there on time. (You can see that by clicking “Show Options”; Google gives you the option to use your departure or arrival time to plan your trip.)