Some transit-related links and news for yet another unseasonably gorgeous August Friday:
- The Washington Post had a nice article about the (DC) Metro sign shop and the work they do.
- St. Louis Urban Workshop rewrites a Newsweek column in a more transit-friendly way.
- Don’t forget that the Moonlight Ramble is tomorrow night, starting at 14th & Chestnut downtown! Also, Gateway’s quarterly newsletter is out and you can download the newsletter (.pdf version).
- The CTA has teamed up with the Jazz Institute of Chicago and will begin offering a special-event train featuring live jazz bands.
- Ben at the Seattle Transit Blog looks at tunnel construction cost bids and price fluctuations that impact a project’s final costs.
- Tim Bryant reports that the Dillards building rehab downtown might soon be underway – starting with the removal of the skybridge. The Post-Dispatch also opined this week regarding Secretary LaHood’s visit and the current method of funding local transit.
Enjoy your weekend!